Alta™ is a cutting-edge performance technology that provides textiles with an unmatched repellency to oil and water-based stains. This permanent, 95% water-based technology will safeguard virtually any textile without altering its hand, shade or breathability. Liquids bead up on the fabric’s surface, therefore enhancing cleanability and reducing the need for chemical cleaning agents. The environmentally friendly Alta™ technology enables you to face the hazards of real life with ease and peace of mind!
Our AltaTM treated collections:
- SPLASH: AltaTM Spill & Stain Repellent
- REFLECTION: AltaTM Spill & Stain Repellent + Antimicrobial
- MYRIAD: AltaTM Spill & Stain Repellent
- CAMEO: AltaTM Spill & Stain Repellent
- ICONIC: AltaTM Spill & Stain Repellent
Features & Benefits
The Alta™ technology:
- offers unmatched repellency to oil and water-based stains;
- is permanent as a result of molecular bond to fibers; will not migrate or “off-gas”;
- greatly improves cleanability, reducing the need for chemical cleaning agents;
- is non-allergenic and safe to be next to the skin; core technology similar to performance fabric used for leading apparel and sportswear;
- is odorless and completely imperceptible to the eye and hand;
- is environmentally friendly; 95% water-based and free from any solvents or VOCs, PFOS, PFOA, formaldehyde, heavy metals or phthalates.
Alta™ Treatment Options
Alta™ is the first and only technology engineered to deliver the exact protection needed for specific fabric uses and environments. The single or combined application of one of the following treatments will allow your fabrics to meet the specifications required in settings such as residential, healthcare, institutional, corporate, hospitality, entertainment and food services.
Alta™ Spill & Stain Repellent provides a permanent and unmatched repellency to oil and water-based stains caused for example by coffee, soda, wine, mustard and salad dressing. Liquids bead up on the fabric’s surface, therefore facilitating the cleaning process.
Alta™ Antimicrobial reduces odors and risks of stains caused by microorganisms including bacteria, fungi and algae, thus avoiding degradation of the fabric. This technology can achieve more than 99.9% of bacterial reduction.
Alta™ Moisture Barrier is a lightweight, breathable film barrier that is laminated to the back of fabrics to prevent liquids from being pushed through the fabric weave, therefore avoiding any contamination of the cushion beneath it. Coupled with Alta™ Spill & Stain Repellent, this protection is perfect for environments where there is constant cleaning required, along with a high amount of traffic.
For more information about the Alta™ technology, please contact your Avant Garde representative or visit applied-textiles.com.
To see Alta™ in action, click here.
Alta™ Cleaning Guide
1. Liquids beading up:
- Gently blot (don’t rub) the spill immediately with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth, paper towel or napkin.
- No rinsing needed!
2. Residual spots:
- Remove any excess soil or debris from the surface. Flush soiled area liberally with warm water then blot with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth.
- Change cloth surface frequently until spot is gone. Try to avoid brushing which can spread the stain; keep repeating the process until the spot has been removed.
- Repeat again by rinsing with warm water and then blot with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth if needed.
- A warm water extraction machine is an excellent tool to clean soiled fabrics. Please follow the instructions on the machine for use.
- Steam cleaning can damage the fiber of the fabric and is not recommended.
3. Difficult or stubborn stains:
- Follow steps 1 & 2 first… then mix 2-3 drops of a mild dish washing detergent with a cup of water and apply to the soiled area.
- Gently work the solution into the area, wait a minute and blot the spot with a dry, clean, absorbent cloth. Repeat until spot has been completely removed.
- After cleaning, be sure to rinse thoroughly with warm water and blot to remove any soap residue. Any remaining soap not rinsed away in the fabric can cause a reoccurring stain.
- For more information, visit applied-textiles.com.